When you meet someone for the first time, your teeth are typically one of the first things those new people notice about you. One of the best ways to make a strong first impression is a straight, beautiful smile.
Dr. Bellisario understands how important a straight, healthy smile is to your oral health as well as to making those great first impressions. This is why we offer Invisalign® treatments to adults and teens in the Ardmore area.
If you would like to know if Invisalign or one of our other orthodontic options would be right for you, please call 610-642-7024 for an appointment at our office in Ardmore, or use our contact form to inquire about scheduling a consultation.
What Is Invisalign?
Have the hassles and unsightly appearance associated with conventional metal braces stopped you from considering orthodontic treatment? If so, Invisalign may be the solution you’re looking for.
Invisalign utilizes clear, removable plastic aligners to straighten your teeth. These aligners are essentially undetectable by others, providing a fantastic alternative to traditional metal braces.
Your aligners will be custom-crafted by the Invisalign lab in order to ensure they address your unique orthodontic issues. You’ll wear each aligner for approximately two weeks before moving onto the next aligner in the series. This process repeats until you’ve gone through every aligner and have achieved the straight, beautiful smile you desire.
In order to achieve the best possible results, you’ll need to wear your Invisalign aligners for approximately 20-22 hours per day. Keep in mind that this treatment is best suited to correcting mild to moderate bite alignment issues. For more severe orthodontic cases, alternative treatments such as traditional braces may be required to achieve your desired outcome.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign by Dr. Bellisario provides several benefits:
- Our customized aligners are BPA-free and can be conveniently removed, allowing you to care for your teeth the same way you always have. With Invisalign, everyday oral hygiene maintenance such as brushing and flossing is much easier when compared with other orthodontic options.
- This ability to remove your aligners also means that treatment won’t stop you from enjoying the foods you love!
- With the clear aligner trays, your treatment will be virtually unnoticeable to others.
- To ensure a comfortable fit, Invisalign’s smooth, form-fitting plastic aligners are custom-molded to your mouth’s unique contours and curves.
- There are no painful tightening sessions that are common with the metal brackets and wires used with braces.
- With no wires to tighten, you will have less follow-up visits associated with Invisalign than are required with traditional braces.
- In many cases, Invisalign can be completed much quicker than treatment with conventional metal braces.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
While each patient is different, the typical treatment time for adults is approximately 12 months. Factors such as the severity of your orthodontic issues can affect this timeline, which is why it’s best to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bellisario to learn more specific information about your treatment time. No matter your particular case, it will usually be much less than the typical two-year time period of traditional braces
For teens, the amount of straightening required and how consistently your child wears their aligners for can alter this time estimate.
Contact Dr. Bellisario Today
To learn more about Invisalign or some of our other orthodontic options, we suggest giving us a call at 610-642-7024 to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Ardmore, the Main Line and throughout the Philadelphia Metro area.