With the New Year comes a fresh start and a new set of resolutions. Many people make resolutions regarding their overall health, but most seem to forget about their oral health. There is a direct correlation between your oral health and the rest of your body, making preventative family dental care for you and your family as important as any other preventative care.
A routine dental check-up can not only help keep your teeth in the best possible shape, but also help to aid in the prevention of gum disease. Additionally, routine check-ups can detect any minor problems that can later turn into major issues if not addressed in a timely manner.
In addition to routine dental check-ups, following these simple tips can help you and your family maintain good oral health:
· Brush your teeth two to three times a day. You should be brushing for at least 2 minutes
· Floss daily to remove plaque for the prevention of gum disease and tooth decay
· Use a toothpaste that has fluoride to help prevent tooth decay and possibly reverse early decay
· Use anti-microbial mouthwash every night to help prevent gingivitis and keep your gums healthy
· Reduce sugar intake and your intake of acidic foods and drinks
· Avoid smoking and alcohol
· Replace your toothbrush approximately every three months
As a Havertown family dentistry practice, our friendly staff is here to help aid you in taking control of your oral health. To schedule your personal dental consultation, please contact The Office of Dr. Bellisario, or call us at 610-642-7024.