Do you have missing teeth? Are you embarrassed by your appearance because of them? If so, you may be a candidate for dental implants. Dental implants are used to replace teeth that are badly damaged, broken or missing. Almost anyone who is unhappy with their smile for these reasons can be a candidate for dental implants.
Still, dental implants are not always the right solution for everyone, and there are some factors to consider when determining if you are a good candidate. An ideal candidate for dental implants is someone who has:
- Overall good health with minimal medical problems
- No history of uncontrolled diabetes
- Minimal or no cardiovascular issues or bone density issues
- Adequate bone density in the jaw to support an implanted root
- Good oral health with no gum disease
- No medications that could negatively impact bone density
- The ability to quit smoking or is already a non-smoker
- No current or scheduled chemotherapy treatment for cancer
Even if you have one or more of the above medical concerns, dental implants still might be an option for you. Our experienced cosmetic dentist can help determine if dental implants are the right choice for your smile during a personal consultation.
To schedule an appointment with a Newtown Square cosmetic dentist to assess your dental implant candidacy, please contact The Office of Doctor Bellisario at 610-642-7024 today.